Friday, December 10, 2010

OOTD: I'm a Ruff-Machine, and I won't Ruff for nobody but Leif[sdottir].

Man, it's been a long day! Law school final exams begin next week, and I have a final on the first AND second day of testing. That leaves me with little time to prepare, so it's crunch time.

Despite that fact, I co-planned a holiday party for my law journal tonight, which was the perfect excuse to whip out one of my new Leifsdottir dresses, acquired at the awesome sample sale yesterday!

Of course, merely waking up in the morning is the perfect excuse to whip out a new outfit, but I needed a bit of extra encouragement with this one:


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm not much of a ruffles gal, but I made an exception for this beautiful and bobbly tunic sweater dress. Holiday parties seem like socially acceptable outlets for ruffles, so this was a great day for me to experiment with clothing of the ruffled kind.
Ruff-Machine

I have no idea whether I pulled this off or not. The dress is pretty busy-looking, so I was afraid to do anything to it directly (i.e., belt it, long necklace-it, etc.), so I accessorized around it. Here's how I wore it during the day (class + trip to Costco):




Dress: Leifsdottir Volante Tunic (here)
Tights: Anthropologie "Dotty Downpour" Tights
Shoes: Aldo Legacy Boots (here) (these are SO fabulous - comfortable for about 80% of the day, and they fit over jeans + calves)
Necklace: Anthropologie Zodiac Necklace

Close-up of the pretty baubles in the dress (and the fabulous Zodiac necklace):


I changed shoes for the party:

More ruffles!
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini Reimel (here)
Tights: Anthropologie "Dotty Downpour" tights
These shoes brought back bad memories.

4 comments:

Jesse N.M. said...

Hi there,

I was reading your blog, and I like it. I would love it if you visited my blog, and if you follow me, I will follow you.

I have a commentary post, would love your opinion, HONEST, with no worries....

Jesse

Jewish Girl said...

Hi Jesse,
Thanks for checking out the blog! Your art is very striking!

stef said...

that dress looks fab on you, boots and pumps style!

kinda wish i had peeked in on the sample sale now!

Jewish Girl said...

Thank you! I'm looking forward to playing with it this winter.

The Leifsdottir sample sale is still going for one more day, so there's still time to peek in! I heard a rumor that *everything* was 75% off on Thursday, but I wasn't able to verify that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...