Saturday, December 18, 2010

OOTD: I only want to see you standing in the purple [cardigan]

Yesterday, I experimented with the thesis that I would be more productive in paper writing if I wore actual clothes instead of a tee shirt and sweatpants.

Cardigan: Anthro Split Decision cardigan
Shirt: J.Crew Ruffle Tee (on sale in stores, sold out online)
Jeans: Paper Denim and Cloth
Shoes: Anthro Bryce Canyon Lace-Ups (these are on sale for only $22.50 now!! Sold out online, but the Rockefellar Center store in NYC still had a bunch. Highly recommend, although there is very little arch support.)
Necklace: Anthro Feeling Dapper necklace

I can't believe I almost sold this cardigan! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you realize you love a piece you'd totally neglected? This Split Decision cardigan is a wonderful weight for winter and I can't get enough of the vibrant color.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

did your productivity increase? I think you might be on to something. It's also funny how now that I'm done w/ finals, I don't find myself spending as much time online shopping/playing text twist/watching reruns of the real housewives of bev hills. Apparently, those activities have their peak appeal when I'm supposed to be getting shit done. sigh.

Good luck getting the rest of your work done!!

Also, I posted a comment the other day about your WW post but it didn't wind up posting. I just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss achievement! You look great!

Jewish Girl said...

Re: the productivity: It's hard to say. I wasted a LOT of time when I wore real clothes (yesterday) *and* when I stayed in sweatpants (today). I think it's just difficult for me to really get motivated before the point where I know I'm about to be totally and completely screwed, ya know? I had a conceptual breakthrough with my paper just now, but I've still got almost 3/4 of it left to write.

I can totally sympathize on the time-wasting activities....I'm sure my near-instantaneous commenting on blogs will slow down a bit once I'm not chained to my computer.

Thank you for the kind weight loss words. I definitely feel a lot better than I did before!!

LilMissSeamstress said...

Goodness! I ordered that flat the other day. Ordered 8.5 although I am mostly 9(sometimes 8.5) depending on the brands.. Hope they will work, otherwise I will be very sad...

Do these tun TTS? are they comfortable?
Jin,

Jewish Girl said...

I found that they run pretty TTS, although you may be okay with an 8.5. I find them super-comfortable...have worn them all day without problems! They don't have much arch support, but if you don't have high arches then it shouldn't be a problem!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...