Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gummy Vitamins: For Adults!

I have this problem with swallowing large things.

I don’t really know why. Goodness knows I love eating, and I can sure love a lot of macaroni and cheese or buffalo wings in my mouth. Just something about taking a large, lumpy, tasteless multivitamin was holding me back. Every morning, I’d remember that I really should take a multivitamin, and every morning I would disregard it because I hate taking my multivitamin.

Then, my weight watchers buddy referred me to her solution: Gummy Vitamins for Adults. Suddenly my life fell into place. I love gummy candies, and I WANT to take vitamins...Perfect! I ordered a 200-count bottle with glee and gusto.


Review:

I’ve been taking these Vitafusion gummy multi-vitamins for about a week now, and I love them. I actually look FORWARD to waking up in the morning because it means I get to take two more of these babies (2 vitamins = 1 serving = 15 calories = 0 WW points). They taste more like Welch’s fruit snacks than Haribo gummy bears (i.e., soft and fruity) but are highly delightful. They have a weird smell when you open the bottle, which I attribute to the fact that they are, in fact, VITAMINS AND NOT CANDY.

Their vitamin content is solid:

Supplement Facts: Serving Size: 2 Gummy Vitamins Servings Per Container: 100 Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:* Calories 15, Total Carbohydrate 4 g - 1%, Sugars 4 g - **, Vitamin A (as Retinyl Palmitate) 2500 IU - 50%, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 30 mg - 50%, Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 400 IU - 100%, Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 15 IU - 50%, Niacin (as Inositol Niacinate) 10 mg - 50%, Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 2 mg - 100%, Folic Acid 400 mcg - 100%, Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 6 mcg - 100%, Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 10 mg - 100%, Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 40 mcg - **, Inositol (as Inositol Niacinate) 3 mg - **. *Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Now, this is less complete than my big lumpy vitamin (this one has no iron, for example). But I actually take this every day. I figured that a less-complete vitamin that I took every day would be better than a complete vitamin that I never took. Your results may vary.

For anyone like me, this is a solid A+ product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...