- 8 ounces lean ground lamb
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup small fresh mint leaves
Heat one teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove lamb from pan with a slotted spoon; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Discard drippings. Reduce heat to medium low. Add one teaspoon oil, onion, and carrot; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rosemary and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Return lamb to pan. Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring to a simmer. Partially cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with pasta (farfalle recommended) or over the grain of your choice. I ate it over spaghetti squash and it was FABULOUS.
- Adapted from Cooking Light, March 2010