Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Peanut-Buttery BARgain

One of my favorite holiday treats is the Reese’s Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pumpkin. It’s basically a big Reese’s cup, but with 2x the filling and the same amount of chocolate. In other words, it is some kind of nirvana. They also make them for Easter (in the shape of giant eggs) and Christmas (trees).


I was reminded of these last night, when I was prowling the law school cafeteria for a quick snack. I thought I’d splurge, but then I calculated the points, and I couldn’t justify spending four points (the equivalent of a veggieburger with cheese on a sandwich thin) for a piece of candy. I was sad at the thought of giving up this delicious goodness in the absence of countervailing exercise.

THEN, I tried these little delights after my WW meeting today (I’m down two pounds! More on that later):

Holy lifesaver, Batman. These babies are DELICIOUS. They taste similar to my beloved Reese’s trees/eggs---and I mean “on a diet” similar, as in, nobody is getting fooled in a blind taste test but they are still causing my tastebuds to break dance. And the best part is that they only cost one point. These are good enough to eat even if you are a non-weight watching person who likes peanut butter and chocolate. I want another one already, even though I only just finished my first one two minutes ago. I actually meant to take a picture of the bitten bar for this entry, but the bar was so good that I ate it before I could remember that I wasn’t supposed to eat it until I took a picture.

I’ve had mixed experiences with WW products (see one example below), but this one is an all-around total winner.

Holy lifesaver, Batman. These babies are DELICIOUS. They taste similar to my beloved Reese’s trees/eggs---and I mean “on a diet” similar, as in, nobody is getting fooled in a blind taste test but they are still causing my tastebuds to break dance. And the best part is that they only cost one point. These are good enough to eat even if you are a non-weight watching person who likes peanut butter and chocolate. I want another one already, even though I only just finished my first one two minutes ago. I actually meant to take a picture of the bitten bar for this entry, but the bar was so good that I ate it before I could remember that I wasn’t supposed to eat it until I took a picture.

I’ve had mixed experiences with WW products (see one example below), but this one is an all-around total winner.


Take a moment and imagine what the item inside this wrapper looks like. Just guess.




........




Got it? Got a good picture of it in your noggin?


.........




Okay, let’s open that wrapper...


WTF. No wonder this nugget is only one point. (In fairness, though, it’s really good. It’s like a Rolo, but in a nugget. Maybe it melted?)

In other news, I am freezing my “snack bar” budget until further notice. Things in my pantry are getting out of hand:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...